Affiliated Supporters (along with Registered Supporters and full Labour Party members) are entitled to vote in the leadership election. Affiliated Supporters are members of affiliated trade unions or socialist societies. They are listed here.
- You won’t automatically get a vote just because you’re a member of an affiliated organisation.
- You have to fill in the form on the website above to let them know that you exist and want to take part in the leadership election.
- If you took part in the leadership election last year you should be registered already; but check, particularly if you’ve changed address.
- You must be on the electoral register at the address you give.
- You must register on the form above by 8th August 2016.
- If you are a trade unionist and have not contracted out of the political levy you don’t have to pay anything because your trade union pays a political levy to the Labour Party on your behalf.
- You must have been a member of your affiliated organisation on or before January 12th.
- The Co-op Party affiliates to Labour locally, not nationally.